The dermal filler is administered through injection into the desired area, by a trained medical professional. The product does contain anesthetic, but further anesthetic may also need to be added (topical or injected).
Most procedures take between 15-30 minutes, and clients can usually resume their normal activities immediately after the treatment. The result of the treatment can be immediately post procedure.
Dermal fillers are injected below the skin surface to:
- ‘Fill-in’ wrinkles and fine lines
- ‘Plump-up’ small areas such as lips
- ‘ Re-volumise large areas such as the cheeks and temples.
In doing so the aim is to either enhance or restore the client’s natural features.
Areas prone to skin volume loss include:
- Perioral regions (vertical lip ‘smokers’ lines, marionette lines)
- Tear troughs
- Dermal fillers are a smooth inject-able gel made from a natural complex sugar called Hyaluronic Acid (HA).
HA is found in all human skin and assists in skin hydration by attracting and holding water. It also combines with collagen and elastin to help provide skin structure and elasticity.
The side effects are usually mild and temporary; the most common of these include pain, redness, swelling, lumps and bruising at the injection site. These are largely self-limiting and should resolve within a week.
Contact Dr Tandra Paul for more information about Dermal Fillers treatments using the contact page here.